Bravo is re-editing segments of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" following the suicide of series star Russell Armstrong, the network confirms to TheWrap.
The network said that it is still not certain if the series will return on Sept. 5 as scheduled.
Though the network didn't furnish specifics on the re-edits, Bravo will likely downplay Armstrong's presence. The estranged husband of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Taylor Armstrong hung himself and was found dead Monday night in a Mulholland Drive residence. He was 47.
Taylor Armstrong filed for divorce in July, and financial and legal woes had plagued the couple.
Earlier this week, Armstrong's mother, John Ann Hotchkiss, appeared on HLN and said her son had told her, "Mom, they’re just going to crucify me this season. I don’t know what to do. I’ll never survive it."
Hotchkiss said she asked Armstrong if he could stop the way that Bravo was presenting him, and that he replied, "No. All the network cares about are ratings. They don’t care if people are hurt, or if it destroys their marriage."
Armstrong told People last month that the series had "literally pushed us to the limit."
He sent castmates a legal letter warning them not to talk about his marital troubles on the air, but he later withdrew it.
Variety broke the news that about the network's editing of the show in the wake of Armstrong's suicide.