Vancouver officials say any implied connection between fentanyl-laced heroin and the "Glee" star is inaccurate
Cory Monteith's death had nothing to do with a toxic batch of heroin reported in the far-flung Vancouver suburb of Abbotsford, coroner's officials said Wednesday.
Cops in Abbotsford, about 70 miles inland from the hotel room where the "Glee" star died, on Wednesday reported an "increase in the numbers of heroin overdoses … a possible explanation … may be the presence of fentanyl."
Media reports that implied a connection are false, Vancouver officials said.
"The BC Coroners Service would like to reiterate that Mr. Monteith died of a mixed-drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol," the coroner said. "Toxicology results did not indicate any presence of the drug fentanyl."
Monteith died Saturday in a Vancouver hotel room; his death was quickly attributed to a lethal mix of heroin and alcohol. Monteith had a past with addiction and had recently been released from a voluntary rehab stint.
← Previous Story