Production on both online soap operas will resume Aug. 12
Your "stories" are coming back to the small screen — the one attached to the Internet. Prospect Park and the I.A.T.S.E. local unions announced Thursday that they have resolved their issues over the production of "All My Children" and "One Life To Live."
Production of both shows is set to resume Aug. 12. No terms of the agreement were released.
“We are pleased that that the parties were able to successfully address their concerns in a mutually beneficial way, which will enable these innovative shows to continue to be produced with our talented crews,” said David Blake, a representative of local 600 of the International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees.
"We thank the entire I.A.T.S.E. organization for their continued support in bringing these shows to fans, and we especially appreciate the efforts of Chaim Kantor and John Ford and our entire crew for helping us to move forward as a unified team," said Jeff Kwatinetz, co-founder and co-partner of Prospect Park.
As TheWrap first reported, I.A.T.S.E. believed the two shows had gone over budget and violated a labor agreement in the process, according to an individual with knowledge of the union's plans.
When Prospect Park revived the canceled ABC program for the web this year, it hammered out a deal with the union that allowed it to pay members less than the standard day rate as long as it did not spend more than $125,000 per episode.
The union believed that on certain episodes, "All My Children" may have more than doubled that figure, triggering higher rates for members.
Prospect Park denied those contentions in a statement to TheWrap earlier this month, adding that it could not afford to pay union members a higher wage.
Both soap operas are available on Hulu and iTunes Mondays through Thursdays.