A week after a new spin-off is greenlit, “Battlestar Galactica” prequel is pulled, with five unseen episodes to be rescheduled for 2011
"Battlestar Galactica," Syfy's highly regarded sci-fi series, has spawned a dud.
The network has pulled its prequel, "Caprica," off the schedule as of next Tuesday, with five new episodes left to go.
The remaining first-run episodes will be rescheduled for sometime in the first quarter of 2011 and will "conclude the run of the series," the network said in a statement on Wednesday.
Ironically, last week Syfy greenlit another spin-off of the original series, “Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome,” from Executive Producer David Eick. It will take place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war, the time period between "Caprica" and the "Galactica."
"Caprica," in the second leg of its first season, stars Eric Stoltz as the scientist who first added human qualities to the evil robot race, the Cylons, which led to the destruction almost all mankind on Earth.
“We appreciate all the support that fans have shown for ‘Caprica’ and are very proud of the producers, cast, writers and the rest of the amazing team that has been committed to this fine series,“ said Mark Stern, EVP of original programming.
“Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, ‘Caprica’ has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season.”
← Previous Story