Anthony Anderson Sexual Assault Accusation Under Review by LA District Attorney

“Black-ish” star “unequivocally” denied accusation after LAPD investigation was opened in July

Last Updated: August 9, 2018 @ 4:48 PM

A sexual assault accusation against “Black-ish” star Anthony Anderson is now under review by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office.

A spokesperson told TheWrap on Thursday that the sexual assault case involving Anderson had been forwarded to the D.A.’s office by the Los Angeles Police Department on Wednesday.

No further details about the case have been made public.

TheWrap reported last month that the LAPD had opened an assault investigation with Anderson listed as a suspect. The investigation came after a woman told police that the assault took place after she catered one of Anderson’s events.

A spokesperson for Anderson denied the accusation, and said at the time that the actor had not been made aware of any investigation.

“It’s unfortunate that anyone can file a police report whether it is true or false,” the spokesperson said. “The authorities have not contacted Anthony or any of his representatives about this matter. Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim.”

Representatives for Anderson did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TheWrap.