The characters unburden themselves of so much complicated history in the first moments that you might consider retitling it “Autumn: Onondaga County”
- By Robert Hofler | October 23, 2013 @ 7:00 PM
David Hyde Pierce stars in John Kander’s first musical without longtime collaborator Fred Ebb, and there’s not a showgirl or boy in sight.
- By Robert Hofler | October 20, 2013 @ 5:00 PM
When you strip Grisham’s panoramic tale of racism and injustice down to a courtroom drama, there really isn’t much of a trial at the heart of it
- By Robert Hofler | October 6, 2013 @ 5:04 PM
The Tim Burton movie is now a musical, which is at its best when it thinks small and sticks to Daniel Wallace’s novel.
- By Robert Hofler | October 5, 2013 @ 2:25 PM
Stiller’s “Mitty” tries so hard that his adventures — both real and imagined– are neither intriguing nor amusing
- By Robert Hofler | September 26, 2013 @ 8:03 PM
“Star Trek” star segues from space to stage in a class-act “Menagerie”
- By Robert Hofler | September 19, 2013 @ 7:30 PM
In the new modern-dress Broadway revival, the two lovers aren’t so much star-crossed as totally mismatched