See the Top 20 shows — including three days’ worth of catch-up viewing — from last week
Last Monday’s “Bachelor in Paradise” has officially caught up with the following evening’s “America’s Got Talent,” thanks to delayed-viewing TV ratings.
Those two unscripted broadcast competitions now boast a 1.6 rating each among adults 18-49, the most-coveted demographic for advertisers on entertainment programming, according to Nielsen’s Live + 3 Day measurement. Inclusive of the 72 hours following their respective telecasts, “AGT” nearly doubles “Bachelor in Paradise” in total viewers, with 10.5 million compared with 5.6 million.
With each passing TV season, appointment viewing feels like more and more of a relic from a simpler time — one with no DVRs or streaming services. Nielsen’s Live + Same Day ratings, still reported each day by TheWrap and other publications, no longer tell the full story of an episode’s success — or its lack thereof.
Welcome to the future.
Now, back to an update on the very recent past. Tying for bronze in the key demo are last Tuesday’s “Bachelor in Paradise” and last Wednesday’s “Big Brother.” The rest of the Top 10 include two more “Big Brother”…
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers