I’ve been seeking to tease out the strongest argument on behalf of cancel culture – because why champion one kind of speech to the exclusion of another?
- By Sharon Waxman | July 2, 2020 @ 5:22 PM
“Non-consumer companies are joining… Where is Hollywood?” asks ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt, one of the leaders of the boycott
- By Sharon Waxman | June 28, 2020 @ 8:17 PM
In challenge after challenge, Facebook became increasingly deferential to our bully-in-chief, successively emboldening him to continue his (often inaccurate, always unkind) attacks on opponents
- By Sharon Waxman | June 15, 2020 @ 12:21 PM
A wave of editorial resignations and pushback on a Wrap op-ed reflect a division over the shared norms of journalism
- By Sharon Waxman | June 5, 2020 @ 5:39 PM
He writes: “You wanted to kick someone hard when they were down”
- By Sharon Waxman | May 31, 2020 @ 5:26 PM
The protests are a cry of anguish: Why can’t we get this right? Why can’t we fix this?
- By Sharon Waxman | May 18, 2020 @ 5:55 AM
To experience the reopening is to experience, ultimately, a realization that we don’t have any idea what we’re doing.
- By Sharon Waxman | May 4, 2020 @ 6:31 AM
How much more do we know now over what we knew in April?
- By Sharon Waxman | April 28, 2020 @ 6:00 AM
Part II of “Hollywood Post-Pandemic”: How does the Walt Disney Co. that emerges from this crisis look different than the behemoth that ruled just months ago?
- By Sharon Waxman | April 26, 2020 @ 3:00 PM
The entertainment economy will bounce back in favor of the digital players
- By Sharon Waxman | April 20, 2020 @ 6:20 AM
A letter to the much-lauded California governor — because we know very little, and it’s frustrating
- By Sharon Waxman | April 16, 2020 @ 6:20 AM
The vision of reinventing the venerable Hollywood trade as a business-to-consumer glossy publication attracting brand advertising was never going to work
- By Sharon Waxman and Beatrice Verhoeven | April 15, 2020 @ 6:00 AM
“It’s a f—ing war zone,” one insider tells TheWrap
- By Wrap Staff | April 13, 2020 @ 7:00 AM
Social media star “King Bach,” Fullscreen’s Maureen Polo and Omnia Media’s Greg Kampanis will discuss digital opportunities during the pandemic