Even in retirement, David Letterman can’t help but grab the spotlight.
On Wednesday, photos surfaced of a virtually unrecognizable David Letterman, who retired from CBS’s “Late Show” last year, sporting a bald head and bushy beard as he took a power-walk on the Caribbean island of St. Barts.
Naturally, the Internet had a few things to say about it, with stunned commenters weighing in on the look after presumably prying their jaws off of their keyboards.
“David Letterman‘s hair migrated south for the winter,” one social-media wisecracker offered.
“All David Letterman has done in retirement is make shine in the hills and powerwalk,” wrote another.
Meanwhile, Sirius XM personality Todd Shapiro posted a particularly frightening image, featuring the face of Letterman’s former band leader Paul Shaffer posted on Letterman’s bald, bearded noggin.
Read on for a collection of choice reflections on Letterman’s bald dome.
– Charlie Berens (@CharlieBerens) March 23, 2016
– Freddie Campion (@FreddieCampion) March 23, 2016
– Todd Shapiro (@iamToddyTickles) March 23, 2016
– Werner Twertzog (@WernerTwertzog) March 23, 2016
– Chris Tye (@TVTye) March 23, 2016
– SEAN O’CONNOR (@seanoconnz) March 23, 2016
– Toni Payne (@tonipayne) March 23, 2016
– yeslie (@LesHorn) March 23, 2016