DJ AM’s Death Ruled Accidental Drug Overdose

Lethal cocktail of prescription drugs and cocaine killed the DJ.

Last Updated: September 29, 2009 @ 11:04 AM

DJ AM died accidentally from a lethal cocktail ofprescription drugs and cocaine, the medical examiner’s office ruled Tuesday.

The toxicology report showed the 36-year-old had in his system cocaine, OxyContin, Hydrocodone or Vicodin, antianxiety drugs Xanax and Ativan, Klonopin which also controls anger, Benadryl, and Levamisole, a drug apparently used to cut cocaine.
 
The cause of death was acute intoxication due to the combined effects the drugs, the medical examiner’s office said. The dosage of each drug was not released.
 
Read more at the Associated Press.