We've Got Hollywood Covered
|

Done Deal: ‘Deadliest Catch’ Captains Returning

Discovery and reality show stars reach an agreement after standoff

After a legal standoff, Captains Sig Hansen and Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand announced Friday that they will return to the hit Discovery Channel show "Deadliest Catch."

At issue had been Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand refusal to participate in a one-time special called "Hillstranded."

The three captains initially bulked at the channel's demands, refusing to star in any future episodes of the fishermen in peril series until a new contract was drawn up.

In response Discovery Channel filed a $3 million breach of contract lawsuit. With today's announcement and the groups decision to appear in the spin-off, Discovery said it will drop its suit.

"We're happy we worked everything out with Discovery. A deal's a deal. We're heading up to Dutch Harbor to start filming the new season of 'Deadliest Catch' and hopefully it will be the best one yet," Captains Sig Hansen and Johnathan & Andy Hillstrand said in a statement.  “Everyone worked really hard on putting together 'Hillstranded'  and we’re looking forward to wrapping that up. It’s something new that we hope people will enjoy.”

Terms of the new deal were not disclosed. "Deadliest Catch"s' seventh season will begin filming next week.