FX ‘Very Troubled’ by Louis CK Allegations, Says Matter ‘Under Review’

Comedian was accused of sexual misconduct by five women

FX has responded to Thursday’s New York Times report in which five women accused the network’s star producer Louis C.K. of sexual misconduct, saying that the matter was “under review.”

In a statement, FX said it was “obviously very troubled” by the allegations that C.K. forced female comics to watch him masturbate, but said no reports of misbehavior were made against the comedian in the time he’s been affiliated with the network.

“We are obviously very troubled by the allegations about Louis C.K. published in The New York Times today,” FX Networks said in a statement. “The network has received no allegations of misconduct by Louis C.K. related to any of our 5 shows produced together over the past 8 years.”

“FX Networks and FXP take all necessary actions to protect our employees and thoroughly investigate any allegations of misconduct within our workplace. That said, the matter is currently under review,” the statement continued.

The network’s statement follows a similar one from HBO announcing that C.K. had been dropped from the lineup for the upcoming charity benefit “Night of Too Many Stars” in response to the allegations. The comedian’s past projects have also been removed from HBO’s streaming services.

Five women told the New York Times that C.K. had asked to masturbate in front of them, including two comedians who said he took out his penis in front of them at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in 2012, and an anonymous women who worked with him on “The Chris Rock Show” in the late ’90s.

In response to the allegations, the film distributor The Orchard announced that the premiere of his film “I Love You, Daddy” had been cancelled and that it was giving “careful consideration” to its future release.

C.K. himself has not yet addressed the matter.