Jordan Peele’s heavily-anticipated reboot of famed science fiction series debuts April 1
In the most important year in the short history of CBS All Access, “The Twilight Zone” reboot represents the biggest and boldest gamble.
Anticipation has been building ever since CBS All Access announced it was going to revive the series, and that Jordan Peele would be the one to do it. Four days out from its April 1 premiere, CBS All Access executives are not holding back on their enthusiasm. “It feels like this is going to be big for us,” Julie McNamara, CBS All Access executive VP of original content, told TheWrap.
After all, it’s one of the most revered and influential properties in entertainment history. The kind of gig that can make — or break — a career. “It’s like the equivalent of a baseball player putting on Yankee pinstripes,” showrunner Glen Morgan said.
“The Twilight Zone” is one of 10 originals CBS All Access will stream this year, the most in any single year for the streamer. On the horizon are other big swings including “Why Women Kill” from “Desperate Housewives” creator Marc Cherry — which features Lucy…
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers