Josh Hutcherson Accidentally Teases More ‘Hunger Games’ Movies on ‘Conan’

Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth glare at costar who immediately course corrects

Last Updated: July 10, 2015 @ 3:56 PM

Updated 3:55 p.m. PT: Previously available video from the interview has been removed by “Conan.”

“Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” star Josh Hutcherson revealed a little too much when he and co-stars Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth appeared on “Conan” on Thursday, responding affirmatively when the host asked if studio Lionsgate is looking for ways to extend the franchise.

“This is the last film in the franchise. And Lionsgate obviously must be thinking, ‘There’s gotta be some way we can keep this going,”  Conan O’Brien said. “The books are over, the story is over, there’s been talks — is there going to be a sequel? Or a prequel? Where are you on that?”

Hutcherson blurted, “There is,” stopping himself when he saw Lawrence’s glare.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. No no, I can’t say that. I can’t say that, sorry. We’ll see what happens,” Hutcherson then said.

“That’s the worst lying I’ve ever seen!” Conan responded.

Hutcherson went on to say that he would be interested in doing another movie, although Lawrence believes they are now too old.

“I know there is going to be a reboot with younger, hotter people in our lifetime,” she said.

For now, the final installment of the franchise will hit theaters November 20.