Kevin Spacey to Seek ‘Evaluation and Treatment’ Following Sexual Misconduct Accusations

“Kevin Spacey is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment,” actor’s representative says in statement

Kevin Spacey intends to seek “evaluation and treatment” following multiple accusations of sexual misconduct.

“Kevin Spacey is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment. No other information is available at this time,” the actor’s representative said in a statement provided to TheWrap.

The announcement comes after multiple people have come forward to accuse Spacey of sexual misconduct, beginning Sunday when “Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp told Buzzfeed that in 1986, a 26-year-old Spacey made unwanted sexual advances on Rapp, who was just 14 at the time.

Less than three hours later, Spacey posted a statement to Twitter in which he apologized to Rapp, and then came out as gay. The statement sparked a wave of criticism against the “American Beauty” Oscar winner for combining two things that had nothing to do with each other.

On Monday, Netflix announced that Spacey’s “House of Cards” would end after its upcoming 6th season, which recently started production. Soon after, it was announced that production on the show had been suspended indefinitely so that Netflix and production company Media Rights Capital could “review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew.”

In addition, the TV Academy revoked the Emmy Founders Award it previously said would go to Spacey, and Spacey’s former London theater opened a confidential tip line for “inappropriate behaviour.”

On Wednesday, two additional men came forward with accusations against Spacey.