Mario Batali Out at ‘The Chew’ After Review of Sexual Misconduct Accusations Against Him

Celebrity chef was accused of sexual misconduct by four women this week

Last Updated: December 14, 2017 @ 5:26 PM

It’s official — Mario Batali no longer has a place at the table on “The Chew.”

An ABC spokesperson told TheWrap on Thursday that the celebrity chef after a review of the allegations made against him.

“Upon completing its review into the allegations made against Mario Batali, ABC has terminated its relationship with him and he will no longer appear on ‘The Chew,'” the spokesperson said.

“While we remain unaware of any type of inappropriate behavior involving him and anyone affiliated with our show, ABC takes matters like this very seriously as we are committed to a safe work environment and his past behavior violates our standards of conduct,” the statement continued.

On Monday, Eater published a report that Batali had been accused by four women of sexual misconduct and groping over two decades. Three of the four women were Batali employees.

After the allegations surfaced, ABC said in a statement, “We have asked Mario Batali to step away from ‘The Chew’ while we review the allegations that have just recently come to our attention.”

Amid the fallout from the accusations, retail giant Target likewise chose to pull its Batali-branded products from its stores and website.

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.