By Sahil Patel
There are a few things in life that are undeniable truths: Death, taxes, music is big on the web, and December means a lot of year-end lists.
With the latter two in mind, here is VEVO’s list of the most-viewed music videos of 2013, which confirms that yes, no matter what happens with Time’s Person of the Year voting debacle, 2013 was most definitely the Year of Miley.
Miley Cyrus’ video for “Wrecking Ball” (yes, it’s the one you’re thinking of) was the top video on VEVO’s network, which spans VEVO.com and the company’s mobile apps, as well as syndication partners like AOL, Yahoo, and YouTube. In 2013, “Wrecking Ball” grabbed more than 371 million views. Launched in September, the video is also notable for being the fastest music video to 100 million views on VEVO, a feat it accomplished in six days.
We have the top five videos below, and courtesy of VEVO, the number of views each video accumulated this year.
1. “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus; 371,406,828 views
2. “We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus; 295,890,432 views
3. “Scream and Shout” by will.i.am ft. Britney Spears; 262,809,901 views
4. “Diamonds” by Rihanna; 254,516,713 views
5. “Roar” by Katy Perry; 237,555,395 views
Here’s the rest of the top 10.