Broadcast television isn’t the only market that should be worried about online media. Within the past two years Mills Entertainment has tapped into an old market with a new twist — live digital touring. No, it’s not a tour that’s watchable from a computer, but rather, a tour featuring some of the most famous faces from the digital world.
Mills Entertainment, which once led the industry in producing live tours for personalities in the unscripted TV world, put a focus on the digital space as YouTube and other online platforms grew in popularity.
“It just made sense,” Michael Mills, CEO of Mills Entertainment, told VideoInk. “As YouTube emerged on the scene it made sense to seek business with some of those personalities.”
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers