In the fight for control over the SVOD landscape there have been few names that have been able to step out of Netflix’s shadow, one of them being Amazon Prime Instant video. For more than decade Amazon Prime has expanded its video library while simultaneously extending its reach across the globe, becoming completely global in 2016, but with the new terrain comes new obstacles.
What once use to be a smaller and more predictable audience has expanded to encompass thousands of demographics, each with their own unique interests.Roy Price, President of Amazon Studios, explained how the company is taking on the challenge when it comes to global audiences.
“You can have a global service, but at the end of the day there are no globa...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers