Whistle Sports is among the early MCN’s that has positioned itself as more of a comprehensive media business than network over the last year and a half. And the company is continuing this agenda with a renewed focus in creating original programming and a new hire to lead the charge. Joining Whistle Sports as VP of Content is J LaLonde, who Whistle hired away from Mashable to help the business expand its development and social video strategy.
“It’s always the biggest challenge in the startup environment to insert top talent into leadership positions and we found the opportunity to bring J on board to drive our social content creation, ideation, the development and the production.” said Jeff Urban, Whistle’s co-founder. “His exper...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers