Hundreds of VR enthusiasts filled the theater hall at Paramount studios on Wednesday for the VRTL Summit, all with a synced purpose, to discover where VR is and where it’s going. Still in its infancy virtual reality is similar to the wild west of entertainment. It’s unexplored and without law, a new landscape to be discovered. There is a common misconception that VR can be placed inside a box alongside the most common consoles of today.But, for those who have become familiar with the VR industry and for anyone who attended the VRTL Summit, it is obvious that this is not the case. As far as game play is concerned, VR is to PlayStation what Xbox is to Atari, it’s a completely different experience that needs to be personally tested in order to...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers