In October 2015, the NFL, in conjunction with streaming partner Yahoo, opened the gates on its internet broadcasting business when it decided to live stream the Buffalo vs Jacksonville game from the UK. At the time, the NFL told VideoInk that the move fit into a larger plan to extend the NFL brand overseas. And today, the NFL has announced a strategic partnership with sports media company Perform Group to further the mission for international market growth for NFL’s GamePass.
Can Yahoo Help NFL Tackle Overseas Markets?As the NFL continues its patient quest to conquer the globe, the sport is set to play at its "spiritual home" for the…edition.cnn.com
NFL has already been cited as having plans for a London-based franch...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers