Padilla Addresses Fears On Building a New Brand in a Creator-Saturated YouTube, Branching Out of Comedy and Forthcoming TV Pilot
Photo Credit: Samantha Annis
Today, Anthony Padilla announced his departure from SMOSH, a brand he launched at the age of 14 and helped build into a brand that reaches over 40 million subscribers on YouTube, operates 7 channels and has over 20 programs in production. We caught up with Padilla, to discuss the future and what’s to come as one of YouTube earliest fame-grabbers breaks out on his own to rebuild a channel, which already has 1.4 million subscribers by its own right, from “scratch”.
VideoInk: I noticed you weren’t present...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers