Just one day after Twitch made the announcement it was giving its affiliate members a new way to make money, the gaming-centric social video platform has another surprise for its community — a remodel to its mobile app including some of the most requested features from its online family.
The App will soon include the most requested features by both content creators and viewers, including the ability to live broadcast directly from a smartphone camera with no need to switch between other apps.
“Twitch has a vibrant community on mobile, with more than 83MM installs of our app,” said Tom Robertson, Senior Director of Product Management at Twitch. “With this redesign we’re ensuring that our amazing creators — who are the reason this community exists — are more discoverable than ever.”
Once users update their app, they can expect to see:
- Navigation Bars — One-stop shops for features like Live, Pulse, and Browse for easy access to all content
- Pulse — Twitch’s new content recommendation and discovery feed.
- Swipe Surfing — Swiping motions to quickly select new videos, return to a previous stream, access playlists, and more
- Instant Playlists — A collection of content accessible by swiping down on the screen
- Language Ranking — A section of featured streams most popular among users of a specific region or language
- Notifications — Users will now have the same notification center on their mobile devices as they do on the web
The new Twitch App is rolling out today and will be available to everyone in early July.