YuMe and Mediaocean, a software provider for the advertising world, have entered a partnership aimed at extending the reach of TV Media Buying by providing brands the ability to access premium digital video inventory through Mediaocean’s existing TV buying workflow.
By combining traditional TV buying with digital, TV buyers can view YuMe’s Designated Market Area (DMA)-specific inventory and local TV station avails side-by-side. This now means that TV buyers can allocate spots across traditional broadcast and cable channels, connected TV, mobile, and desktop to create the optimal media mix.
“YuMe’s enhanced TV solution gives TV buyers digital data advantages including advanced targeting and audience segmentation, and it allows integrated, cross-channel campaigns, optimizing for audience, reach, frequency, recency — at scale,” said Michael Hudes, Chief Revenue Officer, YuMe. “Further, when linear TV ad rates inevitably rise or inventory thins, TV buyers are able to extend buying to digital, capturing a cross-device audience by reaching consumers through the variety of media they use, from connected TV to laptop to tablet.”
Additionally, the new partnership will provide TV buyers the ability to:
- Extend reach of traditional TV buys with premium digital video inventory through existing spot TV buying workflow
- Immerse living rooms in cross-screen brand messaging on desktop, mobile, tablet, and connected TV
- Leverage competitive cost per points (CPPs) while running on quality digital channels
- Access desired audiences during tight TV inventory environments, heavy-ups, and tent-pole events
- Plan and measure TV and online video placements side by side.
“TV and digital video buying teams are working more closely together than ever before,” said Ramsey McGrory, Chief Revenue Officer at Mediaocean. “Our partnership with YuMe provides easy access for local broadcast buyers and brands that need a simple way to leverage multiple screens to tell a unified story.”