blackpills is expanding their edgy content selection once again, but this time with the help of director/producer Stephan Zlotescu, Ground Control and H1FILMS. The four have entered a partnership to produce a full slate of sci-fi series for blackpills who recently launched a streaming video app.
Out of the new partnership will come at least five digital series which will be Executive Produced by Stephan Zlotescu and his company Punk City, Scott Glassgold of Ground Control, and H1 of H1FILMS.
The projects, which will include creations from Ground Control’s Stephan Zlotescu, Tomas Vergara, Mac & Zac and Gary Hall, will shoot back-to-back with the first release scheduled for early 2018.
Punk City and H1FILMS will oversee the production operations in Bangkok, Thailand, and Ground Control will oversee operations in Los Angeles. VFX companies Opticflavor and Flying Monkey Pictures, which are based in Bangkok, will produce the visual effects work for the entire slate.
“We always aim to create work that pushes the traditional boundaries,” said Scott Glassgold, founder of Ground Control. “blackpills completely shares and supports that vision and gives us the autonomy to create and produce content at a very high standard.”
The themes of the sci-fi slate will match the tone of blackpills’ growing show roster. The shows and their loglines (pulled from a press release) can be found below:
- Tokyo Red, created and directed by Stephan Zlotescu, written by Phil Gellat: In the future, we follow one man’s journey to find his family through a highly irradiated, post-fallout Tokyo.
- Isolated, created and directed by Tomas Vergara, written by Tomas & Manuel Vergara: Based on the hit short film, a man wakes up in the middle of what appears to be a zombie apocalypse. He has two hours to solve a puzzle that threatens not only his own life, but the world as we know it.
- Product Wars, created and written by Stephan Zlotescu: When product mascots are genetically engineered to boost sales, our consumer crazy population overlooks the mascot’s well being which leads to an unexpected uprising.
- Future Sex, directed by Mac & Zac, written by Hank Woon: An anthology series that explores the future of sex.
- Same Rights, written by Gary Hall: The world’s attention is captured when, for the first time, an AI is put on trial