Streamers First “For Your Consideration” Season Runs Amuck but is it politics or the quality of YouTube Red’s projects?
Months ago, YouTube made a decision — this year it would go hard on the awards circuit, and so it formed an in-house coalition, with outside consultancy, focused on “For Your Consideration” campaigns. The 69th Annual Primetime Emmy’s was the first in line. For the 69th Annual Emmy Awards, YouTube focused on a few of its flagship projects to come from YouTube Red in the last year — “Paranormal Action Squad” for Animated Short, “Rhett & Link’s Buddy System” and “This is Everything: Gigi Gorgeous” for Exceptional Merit for Documentary category. Gigi Gorgeous’s Oscar-winning direct...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers