“VR Isn’t Scalable” says RYOT’s Molly Swenson. Is AR Set to Soar Where VR Has Failed to Take Off?
While virtual reality is walking to first, augmented reality might be set to hit a few more home runs.
In Nov. 2015 Samsung released a commercial so awe-inducing that even Apple loyalists reconsidered their brand choice. The spot debuted their new Samsung Gear VR. Through a single ad Samsung made it seem that virtual reality had arrived for the masses. Just its predecessor iPhone had done, VR was destined to be the “must have” of the holiday season — the feature that all other companies would be kicking themselves for not jumping on soon enough. And, for a beat, it was. Several businesses th...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers