In the late 90’s the dotcom bubble was at its height, but then as the housing bubble would mimic in 2008, the bubble burst early in the new millennium. Many skeptics said that this would mark the grave stone for the internet fad, but like a phoenix from the ashes e-commerce has emerged stronger than ever and those ashes became a hotbed for content and prosperity known as Silicon Valley. There are few things that people don’t prefer to handle the e-way now. From shopping to dating, however, the realm of sports has remained dominated by traditional media. That might be set to change if Jeff Urban, the co-founder and President of Whistle Sports, has his way.
Founded in 2014, Whistle Sports is growing fast as a global sports media company bu...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers