It's been a year and a half since Vimeo bought subscription VOD SaaS business VHX and only a few months since Vimeo official canned its plan for its own streaming video service. At the time, VHX CEO Jamie Wilkinson told VideoInk that "Many of the big-ticket SVOD networks launched by media companies...built their own custom systems, which can take months–if not years– and cost millions of dollars to develop and maintain,” said Jamie Wilkinson, GM, OTT Services, at Vimeo. And now, that observation is pointing to Vimeo's latest business move -- to dive deeper into being an OVP services provider and SVOD SaaS business. Today, the company announced two deals as the OTT services provider for with Kevin Hart's Laugh out Loud, a streaming destinati...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers