Of the first wave of early MCN's, some of those acquired -- including Maker Studios -- have begun to downsize operations, as the big media companies who bought them learn of just how broken the MCN business model was (is?). StyleHaul, the beauty and fashion network funded and later acquired by RTL Group, has just completed a significant round of layoffs that one source claims will account for over half the company.
And, according to sources the company started with the C-level executives earlier this week in Los Angeles and wrapped up lay offs today in NYC. Divisions affected those under Chief Innovation Officer Sean Horvath, Chief Content Officer Mia Goldwyn, Head of Comms Chantelle Siegel and their respective teams*. Olivier Delfosse ...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers