Stage 13, Warner Bros’ digital division, has announced the launch of its second show on g090. “Two Sentence Horror Stories” is a 5-episode psychological horror anthology created by Writer/Director/Producer Vera Miao (“Best Friends Forever”). Each episode will be directed by a different director including: Miao (“MA” and “Singularity”), and acclaimed horror directors Danny Perez (“Antibirth”), JD Dillard (“Sleight” and upcoming “Sweetheart”) and Ryan Spindell (“The Babysitter Murders”).
“Vera Miao and the creative team behind ‘Two Sentence Horror Stories’ produced five chilling and twisted episodes with a cinematic aesthetic that will keep horror fans on their toes and wanting more,” said Diana Mogollón, SVP and General Manager Stage 13.
Each episode will also deal with one of the many contemporary issues facing society including racism, LGBTQ, cyber-bullying, and the pursuit of beauty.
“The series features stories and characters that reflect the diversity that young audiences crave, which is what Stage 13 and go90 are all about,” Mogollón added.
“Two Sentence Horror Stories,” which has enjoyed unprecedented recognition from major film festivals, including Tribeca Film Festival, LA Film Festival, Outfest and SeriesFest, will premiere on the Verizon-owned platform on October 13th, with new episodes premiering every Tuesday.
The episodes will premiere in the following order:
- “Ma” (directed by Vera Miao): When Mona falls for Erica, the new neighbor next door, she learns how far Ma will go to keep her “perfect” Chinese daughter home.
- “Snap” (directed by Danny Perez): A notoriously cruel celebrity blogger dismisses a mysterious foe as harmless…until he wakes up to a video of himself sleeping on his own phone.
- “Guilt Trip” (directed by JD Dillard): After picking up a victim of police brutality, a Good Samaritan is forced to rethink her decision on the dark and isolated road with the stranger in her car.
- “Singularity” (directed by Vera Miao): After a transgender biohacker implants revolutionary technology into her own body, she is terrified to discover she can tap more than just the internet.
- “Second Skin” (directed by Ryan Spindell): When a street-smart young woman accepts an invitation to a luxurious spa, she discovers just how far the powerful patrons will go to stay on the cutting edge of beauty.
go90 is part of Verizon’s global media portfolio of video content and platforms, which includes OATH brands – AOL, HuffPost, Yahoo View, Yahoo Sports – and COMPLEX Networks. go90 features 1,400 hours of originals and 25,000 hours of live sports and TV.