Everyone has heard them; they're lame, they're corny, they're punny, and they're usually coming out of a Dad's mouth followed by an eye-roll from whomever is listening. But, where most only saw cringe, All Def Digital (ADD) saw opportunity with its new series "Dad Jokes," a competition show where two comedians go head-to-head with puns while trying not to laugh.
Yes, puns are lame, but when two grown men are staring into each others eyes while one tries to make the other laugh using the most absolutely ridiculous play on words -- like "what do you call ghost poop? ... A boo boo"-- its hard not to laugh out loud.
Launched in March of this year, the pilot episode has already garnered more than 9 million Facebook views and has been g...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers