Nearly every week, news breaks of a new streaming platform from a linear network or cable company. And, nearly every month, we cover one shutting down. For networks like NBC, standing up a new streaming destination proved to be a flop, but for others, like CBS and CNN's Great Big Story, going over the top is proving a fruitful venture.
Since launching in 2015, CNN-funded Great Big Story has evolved its content mix from one-off educational videos to daily micro-docs, from micro-docs to short films, and now from short films to a soon-to-be 24/7 digital network online, set for launch in 2018.
[READ: CNN Takes Aim at Buzzfeed Video with Launch of Great Big Story]
With over 10+ million viewers in over 80 countries tuning in to Great Big Sto...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers