The Univision Creator Network (UCN) is expanding its reach to Facebook Watch. The company has launched four digital series on the platform with one more on the way. The shows star a range of online influencers including Josh Leyva, LipstickFables, Oscar Miranda, the Montoya Twins, and The Crazy Gorilla.
“At Univision, we are always experimenting with new formats to engage with our audience and we’re excited to work with Facebook as they build an ecosystem of video content on Watch,” said Jennifer Perri, vice president, Univision Creator Network. “UCN’s digital stars have created compelling and authentic shows on Facebook that will resonate with Hispanic millennials – definitely a Watchlist must.”
The Univision Creator Network is one of the largest U.S. Hispanic focused multi-channel network on YouTube and claims to have garnered over 400 million global views across Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram in August. One of the company’s main competitors on Watch will be mitú, another Latino focused Digital Network. mitú claims to attract around 600 million combined monthly content views across its social platforms. The network also has several shows on FB Watch including “What’s Good in Your Hood” and “Mom’s Movie Review.”
UCN’s new slate of programing includes:
- “Mexican Survival Guide” by The Crazy Gorilla. Learn Mexican Culture as they try to teach it in a comedic way.
- “Las Kardachas” by LipstickFables. Three Honduran sister with clashing personalities turn the most ordinary situations into outlandish scenarios that test the bonds of sisterhood; but at the end of the day family comes first.
- “The Gaylo Show” by Josh Leyva. Gaylo is released from jail with the newfound purpose of teaching others how to be better at life.
- “Bro-Mates” by Oscar Miranda. A show about two roommates who try to overcome daily obstacles they encounter.
- “SmallTownDreamz” by The Montoya Twins. They leave their small hometown in Texas and move to Los Angeles not to conquer Hollywood but to conquer the internet and the world of social media. (Coming Soon)