When Facebook's Watch platform launched across the US in early September, all eyes fell on the social media giant. Many had claimed it was the company's answer to YouTube; a way to drive creators to the program with an incentive of split ad revenue. But as of yet, not just anyone can submit programming to the platform. Instead, Facebook hand picked and in some cases funded programing to drive interest to the new platform. On September 5, Watch launched nationwide with over 25 shows under its belt. Now, almost a month later, it's time to see how those shows stack up against each other based on following and highest episode views.
Series with the largest following: Mike Rowe's "Returning the Favor" with approximately 585k Followers. In...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers