Television has long been the home of sports. Despite OTT platforms like FuboTV and SlingTV offering their own sports packages, many die-hard sports fans have steered clear of these platforms due to the instability of network connection -- as fuboTV customers have often experienced -- and the latency experienced using the services, which means that users of these platforms will hear their neighbors cheering for a touchdown or missed pass long before the action is played out on their own TV set. While Pay-TV may be the center for live sports (for now) other, more niche sports, are experiencing growing success on OTT platforms.
Since its conception, OTT has been a service for those that want a more personalized viewing experience. Want to ...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers