For years, influencers and platforms have engaged in a delicate dance of who-needs-whom. Creators populate their channels with content. Platforms drive discovery for those with hopes of becoming a social media star. It is a true chicken-egg scenario. That is, until Snapchat arrived, where creators have continuously voiced frustration about Snapchat's lack of interest in fostering their careers.
And now Snapchat, the once-preferred choice among influencers, is losing its grip on the creators who once called it home.
Dozens of top influencers including Amanda Cerny, Lele Pons, Logan Paul, King Bach, Shay Mitchell and Matt Cutshall, who cumulatively reach hundreds of millions of fans, are taking their efforts off Snapchat to Instagram, s...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers