The Facebook Well Will Dry Up...Eventually, As Mark Zuckerberg Sets Sights on Becoming More Like YouTube.
If listeners walked away from Facebook's Q3 earnings call today with only one message, Mark Zuckerberg would have wanted it to be centered not on video, but on community and the power of building experiences around its suite of products. Though the questions from listeners were plenty focused on video and Facebook Watch, Zuckerberg and his team appear to anything but enamored with the trend of funding originals established by its fellow media companies.
Zuckerberg continually refuted that video content was becoming a key area of focus for the social media giant, except for as a means to an end for community-building and advertisers....
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers