Lessons From Bunim/Murray Productions on Creating "Ball in the Family" one of the Most Successful Series on Watch
During Facebook's Q3 earnings call, the company boasted its reach of over 2 billion monthly active users and explained that though its new initiative to block misinformation --the kind that is said to have interfered with the 2016 election -- would be costly, it would be worth the money. However, one thing that the company made clear it hoped to stop funding, was the premium content that launched with Watch, its fairly new video platform.
"[Facebook] is funding lighthouse content" in the first place -- to drive community and connection, not to become a video programmer, Zuckerberg explained. "We want to start the flywheel," ...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers