Over-the-top video is taking over connected devices around the globe. According to research from the Parks Associates, there are more than 200 OTT services in the U.S. market alone, and there are over 500 operating throughout Europe. In the US, over 53% of the broadband households subscribe to both a pay-TV service and at least one OTT video service. In addition to the streaming services, it is estimated that 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute. With stats like these, it is clear that the digital revolution has come and video is taking over -- especially the phone, which is where half of all video viewing takes place.
[READ] All the OTT Stats You Need To Know in One Place — Videoink’s Data Bank
With the video renaissa...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers