OTT platforms are multiplying at an incredible rate. In only a short time, the US streaming market jumped from one streaming service to over 200. Society's growing discern for limited, bulky Pay-TV bundles attributed massively to this growth spurt. Despite this new wave of affordable options, there have been many opinion-based articles and some surveys that suggest consumers are "over whelmed" by all the choices.
One survey, conducted by the research firm Morning Consult, suggested that 57% of millennials felt there are too many streaming services to choose from, and that same study claimed that 42% of those surveyed (2,201 Americans 19-29 year-olds) believed they were paying too much for their current streaming service. The Los Ang...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers