Snapchat's recently announced redesign could be great for creators -- until it's not.
Once everyone gets a hold of Snapchat's redesigned app, creators will find their Stories pulled away from people's friends' Stories and mixed among Snapchat's own Stories and original shows as well as Stories from celebrities, media companies and brands. Additionally, instead of listing Stories in reverse-chronological order, for the first time Snapchat will have an algorithm sort Stories (and Shows) based on what it thinks a person would be most interested in watching.
For creators, Snapchat’s new Discover tab and its underlying algorithm may be a mixed bag. On one side, it should raise creators’ profiles on Snapchat. On another side, it may ma...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers