Verizon's go90 may not be doing as well as hoped, but the streaming service isn't calling it quits. Instead, it plans to premiere 1400 hours of original content and 25,000 hours of live sports and TV this year.
Since its launch in 2015, it has been a bumpy ride for Verizon's ad-supported streaming service go90. Last year around this time, the company was laying off 155 staffers, as it worked out the kinks of running a successful streaming service. This year, despite its decrease in funding originals -- which can be partially blamed on the instability the recent Oath merger has brought to Verizon -- go90 plans to deliver up to 1400 hours of original content and 25,000 hours of live sports and TV, according to the company.
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers