Like every year, 2017 was a rollercoaster of emotions, especially for the rapidly growing digital video industry. Streaming companies emerged by the dozens -- some thrived while others fell -- executives were called out for past inappropriate behavior, and as online video grew companies began to shake up their business strategies. Inevitably, these changes end up shaping the future of the digital video industry and shouldn't be ignored. Here are some of the most "jaw dropping" headlines from 2017 that will no doubt shape the industry's future.
Disney Leaves Netflix to Start its Own Streaming Service
Earlier this year, Disney announced that it was taking its movies off of Netflix. The company decided that it had enough pull i...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers