Ask around the industry for an example of a media company in digital that isn't failing and usually two names come up -- Rooster Teeth and Jukin Media. For the latter, a business built on licensing clips has expanded into television production, international licensing and syndication, operating multiple clip-driven brands and most recently, programming a 24/7 entertainment channel with Twitch. In the past week alone, the company has also had two original formats debut -- one on go90 and another with Facebook around the Fly Guys. It's momentum that has encouraged Jukin to make yet another expansion towards becoming a full-blown studio, with over 14,000 additional square footage for production. And to lead the charge is former AOL Video leade...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers