Fullscreen Deal Marks Highest Valuation for a Multi-Channel-Network-Turned-Media Company to Date, Surpasses Maker Studios Valuation of $675M
In September 2017, we reported that Fullscreen was rumored to be close to a deal for the remaining minority stake in the business to be acquired -- the likely buyer being one of the Time Warner-owned entities; the timing -- as soon as the deal closed between AT&T and Time Warner. At the time, Fullscreen CEO George Strompolos squashed the rumor saying that neither the rumor of the business shutting down its SVOD, nor one of an impending sale, were material. Obviously the former was, in fact, material as the business announced it would shutter its SVOD, and its team led by Scott Reich, officia...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers