Shift Presents Better Distribution Op for Partners, go90 Ditches Sub-Brands, Serves as Feeder Brand into Verizon-owned OATH brands, Re-Ups Output Deals with Complex and AwesomenessTV
When we surveyed our readers at the beginning of 2018, 50% believed Verizon would shut down its mobile-first streaming service go90 by the end of the year. Not exactly the vote of confidence you'd expect for a company that has invested billions into refining its tech and content mix over the last 3 years to make it more enticing to consumers. Despite bringing on Ivana Kirkbride and former Hulu CTO Rich Tom, the company has struggled to grow meaningful audience. As a result, the future for go90 is looking more and more bleak as executives close to th...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers