Niche content does more than entertain
"The goal as a service provider is to find a passionate audience and own that audience, and the way to do that is not just to view yourself as a content purveyor," CREATV's Peter Csathy
In a market with 200 OTT platforms, services that strive to create a community with their audience, rather than simply entertain, can expect success in 2018. With well established companies like Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix dominating the playing field with massive $1 billion - $6 billion budgets, it is difficult for startup streaming companies to compete for the eyeballs of broader audiences. Instead, OTT services that focus on attracting specific communities will have the chance to attract a loyal following and, in tur...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers