One by one the digital industry has seen companies double down in online video and then one by one it has seen those same digital companies regret it. From Refinery29 to VOX to LittleThings-- digital publishers can't seem to find the right balance between their core offering and video.
In a recent interview with the hosts of Videoink's series "Over-The-Top," sponsored by Axonista, Condé Nast Chief Digital Officer Fred Santarpia had a warning for digital companies who are looking to hop on the growing trend of online video, which accounts for more than 70% of internet traffic.
"Don't do video just to do video," Santarpia told Jocelyn Johnson and co-host Dermot McCormack. "Create content that is resonant with your consumer and likel...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers